Sunday, March 16, 2008

Passing of a Legacy

Many of you know, I went back to be with my family this week as my dad had a massive heart attack on Monday. This morning, he went to be with the Lord. I was able to be with him when he passed also was able to spend the last few days with him. These have been rich and blessed days for me. Thank you for your prayers. I would appreciate your continued prayers for my family as we make funeral arrangements and plans.

Easter service is going to be all about the Dash (that time between birth and death.) I've really experience what it means to live in the dash this week and what really counts. I spent time reading the Bible to him and telling him stories of our church and stories of you--the changed lives. He was overjoyed and what is happening in the hearts of Whipple Creek.

We talk everything from baseball to Christ purpose for us and about leaving a legacy. I am so thankful for my dad, the legacy he has left to me. Cherish you moments you have with those you love. Have deep conversations. Tell them you love them (even guys you can tell other guys). Share your heart and what's really important. Drink in "the dash." Our moments here are fleeting.

God has given us such a precious gift we often take for granted. I am renewed and encouraged in my thinking about lingering with people and drinking in deeply the friendships and conversations--my dad has taught me that this week.

I will share with you sometime, what we talked about since we spend several hours together and I knew it was my last moments with him on this earth (we did talk quite extensively about the Yankees!)

Thanks for allowing me to ramble a bit. I will miss him a great deal. Thank you for your prayers. I love you guys.

Living a legacy

Brett

No comments: