Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dream Year, You Killing Me.

I've always known God has given us dreams that only we can accomplish. I've known in order to accomplish those dreams there is a cost. Also, it takes guts, hard work, trust, and faith to accomplish that dream.

BUT I've learning new things along this Dream Year Journey: When God awakens that dream, when we gather others to that dream, that dream becomes a reality (not a new thought, but more realized now). God has been and continues to be involved in that dream long before we got involved.

I've learned that the dream, if it is a God-given dream, isn't just for us. Often, God has people, a movement if you will, in place to accomplish that dream. Sometimes, He may just use us as the catalyst for the dream to become real. And maybe, in the end for that dream to become a reality, we have to hand it off to someone else to accomplish it.

I guess my question is, are we (more specifically, am I) willing to hand over and entrust that dream which has been birthed in me to someone else in order to see it come to be?

Maybe once I have that figured out, I've learned what I've needed to learn from the Dream Year and maybe need to start asking, "What's next?"

No comments: